Flammable properties of the hydrocarbon refrigerant that is often misunderstood community can be directly burned in all conditions when out of the Refrigeration System.
Flammable is the inherent nature of all hydrocarbon-based substances such as gasoline, Premium, Solar, Kerosene, Thinner, Oil, LPG. And we are familiar and use of hydrocarbon substances for years without fear of flame. Our car, we are under no substance hydrocarbon refrigerant (gasoline) as much as 50 liters, there is next to the petrol tank which jelas2 remove the spark plug fires, whether we are afraid to drive / motor, and go everywhere on foot or riding a bike, does not it? In the kitchen when cooking, the stove next to the existing use of LPG or kerosene, are we afraid of and switching to cook using firewood, is not it? For those smokers who definitely where the contents stored there in lighter ( Buthanol gas) hydrocarbons which includes materials, with a comfortable smokers accidentally ignited (turn off) buthanol gas (hydrocarbons) are present in cigarette smoke gas when any will. In reality up to now there is no socialization or training specific to the community in the context of safety (safety) of the tools or the use of these items, the public is absolutely no worries or fears are exaggerated. In principle, if we look deeper, application or use of this material at household like hydrocarbon gas stove, gas lighters, water heaters, etc., would be very dangerous when compared to the application of hydrocarbon refrigerants for air conditioning. There are several reasons relating to the above:
- Applications to hydrocarbon refrigerant closed nature. hydrocarbon in the system is maintained refrigerate of leakage problems, in case the leak will lead to less cold air conditioning and air-conditioning will affect the performance of the system itself. Instead Application hydrocarbon on other household appliances is open means that the hydrocarbon material is disposed out deliberately to be burned. due to the needs of the fire source.
- hydrocarbon refrigerant will burn if contains 3 elements, namely: Hydrocarbons (HC), Oxygen (O2) and the source of fire, and the refrigeration system elements oxygen (O2) is avoided when oxygen (O2) is in the system will damage the engine refrigrasi. In contrast to the household of oxygen (O2) intentionally mixed with hydrocarbons to produce combustion. (See figure 2)
- The third element of the above will be burned with the provision if it meets the concentration of the mixture flammable and space as a medium (see figure 1)
Gasoline if there is leakage from pipes or tanks will be out a liquid, because of the low pressure gas liquid form, so it is very dangerous if there is a fire, while the low-pressure hydrocarbon refrigerant in a gaseous, and in case of leakage will be directly decomposed by oxygen into H2O (water) and CO2. hydrocarbon refrigerant is a hydrocarbon of the safest substances compared with other hydrocarbon substances.
Flash Point Self Ignition (temperature point on its own):
- Oil -> 200o C
- Hydrocarbon Refrigerant -> 460o C
- Freon -> 1100o C
That is why the Freon is very difficult to burn, but do not forget there is oil in the cooling system is partially mixed with the coolant material, where the self ignition of the oil is 200o C
There are strict requirements to be the flame on hc.
TERMS OF FLAME
1. The existence of Triangle API:
- Oxygen is quite
- Material enough refrigerant HC
- Elements of Fire, as a trigger
2. The three elements of the Triangle Fire appears at the same time.
3. Amount of HC refrigerant coming out qualified Minimum Threshold amount (Lower Limit) 2% or 40gr per 1m3 room, and the Threshold Limit (Upper Limit) 10% or 200gr per 1m3 room.
4. Room air-tight (no air infiltration or out and no air flow or wind, blowing Blower / Fan or Exhaust Fan.
WHAT IS THE TERMS OF FLAME CAN BE MAT
1. Triangle Fire element difficult / rarely occur together
2. hydrocarbon refrigerant discharge of Refrigerate system little by little concentration does not occur at the blast Fan / Blower so the Lower Limit is not met
3. In the event of severe leakage / well and at the same time appeared a flame of fire is not possible, because the amount of hydrocarbon refrigerant are incorporated into the AC system is far below the Lower Limit
4. The room may not airtight, there must be doors, windows or ventilation
5. In the Indoor Unit / Evaporator in the room there Blower / Fan to blow air / wind so there is no concentration of hydrocarbon refrigerant
EXAMPLES IN REALITY
- Room size volume: 6m Length, Width 5m, Height 3m
- Installed AC engine hood. 2 PK
- Location of Indoor / Evaporator AC: 2.75 m from floor
- There was a leak at the Indoor as well (an unlikely thing happened)
- In the room there were people smoking / light matches
- What can happen flame / fire?
- Volume room 6m x 5m x 3m = 90 m3
- Minimum Threshold: 90 m3 X 40 g = 3600 g
- The number of hydrocarbon refrigerant in air-conditioning machine is kl 2 PK 600 gr
- Not going to happen flame, because the amount of hydrocarbon refrigerant are not enough, and in the event of leakage, will decompose hydrocarbon with oxygen into H2O (water vapor) and CO2.
THE FLAME SHOULD THE AC COMPRESSOR SHORT, WHAT COULD HAPPEN?
REASONS NOT HAPPEN FLAME
- The compressor is absolutely no Oxygen (O2) as one of the Triangle Fire as before the hydrocarbon refrigerant has been charged in the vacuum advance (until the pressure reaches -30 Psi)
Although it has the nature of Flammable; hydrocarbon refrigerant is very difficult / not possible flame, because the requirements for the flame is very tight
In Europe the use of hydrocarbon refrigerant for refrigeration machines are popular in the community and has been used for many years. Americans have not been using hydrocarbons as the political and economic reasons, America is producing Synthetic refrigerant (Freon), the largest in the world, if Freon was banned in the U.S., then pabrik2 Freon will collapse and will indirectly affect the U.S. economy nationally.
Reviewed byiznuhdj on